Five actions steps on bottled water
IATP's Shiney Varghese gives us five things we can do as individuals and in our communities to reduce bottled water use.
1. If you are concerned about the quality of your local water:
- Check the quality of your own drinking water: Click on your state and select your water utility.
2. If you have continued concern or if your building is old with the possibility of contamination:
- Invest in a filter certified by NSF International (800 NSF-MARK)
- For a consumer guide to water filters see "How to find the right water filter for your home."
3. Stop buying bottled water:
4. Write a letter to the local businesses and other places you visit, urging them to stop selling and/or serving bottled water:
- Sample letters for restaurant, café, co-op and stores are available here.
- Please consider writing similar letters to other venues you visit (e.g., gyms, offices and events).
5. Join a campaign to help spread the idea! Examples include:
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Five actions steps on bottled water:
The comments to this entry are closed.